SCHOOL / KIDS WORKSHOPS :
HEROES & VILLAINS
THE TRIBE, SCHOOL HOLIDAYS PROGRAM, SYDNEY. 8-12 YEARS
The kids were asked to create a hero or villain persona and design a mask and wrist gadget costume. We then created the costume pieces using repurposed cardboard and sunglasses.
Some of the super hero personas included:
- Butterfly Girl - lasers on the top of glasses, fly, TV screen to talk to others. Communication bracelet to speak to other animals.
- FANG is a superhero whose special power is freezing people with his laser fangs! He is sharp and fast!
- Edie Speedy - Parkour and super speed. When I hit the ground, lightening strikes.
- Jordy-Fartinator - I trap farts and shoot perfume to stop the smell.
For enquires on this workshop email firstname.lastname@example.org
Photography by @documentphotography and @sarah_kukathas
FOREST LODGE PRIMARY SCHOOL. YEAR 1/3 STUDENTS.
I worked with 4 classes to create artworks for the schools annual art show. We created cardboard earrings, brooches, necklaces and rings.
These workshops begin with a short introduction to my practice. Then as a group we move through the steps of creating the jewellery. Options for jewellery include earrings, brooches, necklaces and rings. Subject matter is flexible with some options including fruit, pattern, animals etc.
The school is given a fact sheet at the end of the workshop incase students which to find out more information on sourcing materials, supplies, tools.
- 1-1.5hr workshop
- 15-25 people per session (max) with teacher to assist
- $350 per workshop for the school (price may vary if travel is required)
What you will need to have:
- covers for desks to protect from paint
- small paint brushes
What I will provide:
- scissors and glue
- jewellery components
- markers for outline
5 minutes : explaining my artistic background and showing examples of jewellery
60 minutes : construction of the jewellery. We go through step by step together as a group. Cardboard pieces will be decorated in this time.
20 minutes: add required jewellery components like brooch backs, chains or earring hooks/clip ons.
5 minutes: mini fashion show
"Jeff taught a wonderful fruit brooch making workshop with my year one class. His workshop was engaging, well organised and the kids produced brilliant, individualised wearable works of art. The parents loved receiving something made for them by their child.
With other classes at Forest Lodge, Jeff also made earrings, necklaces and rings. "
Sarah Clifford, Teacher, Forest Lodge Primary School, Sydney
For booking enquires email email@example.com